What is Pupil Premium?
The pupil premium is additional funding for publicly funded schools in England to raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils. The school will receive funding for primary-aged pupils registered as eligible for free school meals at any point in the last 6 years.
Schools will also receive additional funding for each looked-after pupil who:
- has been looked after for 1 day or more
- was adopted from care on or after 30 December 2005, or left care under:
- a special guardianship order
- a residence order
How does the government identify disadvantaged pupils?
The government uses eligibility for free school meals as the main measure of deprivation at pupil level.
What do you do if you believe your child is eligible?
You can register your child for Free School Meals if you get any of these benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue and Customs) that does not exceed £16190
- Working Tax Credit ‘run-on’ – the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Family Tax Credit.
Please read the information below which gives details of our Pupil Premium Grant and how we allocate the funding.
Additional funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of physical education (PE), physical activity and sport.
Impact of Swimming Lessons
National curriculum requirements for swimming and water safety 2021
Percentage of current Year 6 cohort swim competently, confidently and proficiently over a distance of at least 25 metres
Percentage of current Year 6 cohort use a range of strokes effectively
Percentage of current Year 6 cohort perform safe self-rescue in different water-based situations.
Percentages based on our parent survey 2021 – 54/58 responses received